Tuesday 28 January 2014

ScaleScenes Buildings

I'm experimenting with ScaleScenes buildings to see if that's the way I want to go for the majority of the buildings on the layout. Their system is that you buy the kit as a PDF file which you are then free to print as many times as you wish. In order for you to assess their product they provide a free kit of a low relief warehouse. I have built one and modified it, adding a large chimney where the office should be because I want a factory building. I'm now going to build another but printed mirror image (a) to test this idea and (b) because I'm going to put it to the right of the first building and I think the office in the middle will look better. Here's where we're at


The chimney appears to be on the huh due to the lens in my cheapo phone. I'll use a real camera when it's all finished and weathered

To make the chimney I simply cut a sheet of copier paper in half lengthwise, rolled it into a tube and let the tube expand slightly at the bottom. I then glued down the edge using Uhu Stic. The tube was then wrapped in brick paper which I produced by scanning a piece from my odds collection and adding the sign-writing in PhotoShop. I print using Fotospeed's pigmented ink so it won't fade.

No comments:

Post a Comment